[plug] Anti-Virus

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Oct 2 16:47:49 WST 2003

Jay Turner wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good linux based virus
> scanner?
>
> Not so much for linux viruses (of which there are few) but more so for a
> linux box that has windows files on it acting as a PDC via Samba.
>
> Cheers in advance
> Jay

I use F-Prot. I has linux and windows versions and is free for personal
use for linux. The server and corporate versions have *very* reasonable
licensing fees too.. and for windows it's the only av product I have
deployed on more than 20 computers that never created one issue. It even
fully uninstalls when you ask it to..

Brad