[plug] dpkg --configure errors in post-install scripts

Anne Busby anne at busby.net
Sun Oct 5 13:27:19 WST 2003

OS: Debian/testing

I have just updated my system - apt-get update/upgrade and have 3
packages that have post-installation script errors.

Packages are: console-common, console-data, and base-config (dependent
on the others)

Error:
# dpkg --configure console-common
Setting up console-common (0.7.25) ...
Looking for keymap to install:
KERNEL
dpkg: error processing console-common (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 console-common

Is the keymap the problem ? what should I change it to ?

I have tried :
	loadkeys -d
	loadkeys us
	install-keymap us

Is there a way of looking at the post-installation script to see whats
happening ??

Thanks,

AnneB