[plug] installing a RAID card

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Sun Oct 5 13:33:13 WST 2003

I'm trying to install SME server (used to be e-smith) onto a new box
with the LSI logic Megaraid 133-2 card.  SME server is based on Redhat
7.3.

The LSI card is supported in 7.3, but with (AFAIK) with binary only
drivers.  The card comes with a driver update disk to be used at install
time.  This disk image is the only way these drivers are distributed, or
at least, the only way that they are contained on the LSI web site

The problem is that the SME server install doesn't give me any chance to
install the drivers, ie, it doesn't give a lilo prompt to do the 'linux
dd' bizo.  Does anyone know of anyway to interrupt the install script?

Or better still, how to use the driver disk to update the driver after
the install has finished?  The driver disk contains the 5 files

modinfo  modules.cgz  modules.dep  pcitable  rhdd-6.1

Thanks

Alan Graham