[plug] [link] first Telstra, then Coles...

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Tue Oct 7 11:41:38 WST 2003

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,7480637^15306^^nbv^,00.html

One interesting quote, which indicates to me that interest in Linux is
coming from lobbying from IT departments is:

"Mr Mahler said new blood flowing into the company's IT management late
last year - from organisations such as ANZ Bank, National Australia
Bank, Westpac, Accenture and IBM - had brought fresh thinking to the
retailer. "Last year we weren't even looking at Linux. Today we have a
number of pilot projects working on Linux," he said."