[plug] Extreme text editing

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Wed Oct 8 10:22:24 WST 2003

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 08/10/2003 10:20 AM
-----

                      James Devenish
                      <devenish at guild.u        To:       plug at plug.linux.org.au
                      wa.edu.au>               cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [plug] Extreme text editing
                      plug-admin at plug.l
                      inux.org.au

                      07/10/2003 10:46
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>In message <200310072152.59766.mike at gilks1.com>
>on Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 09:52:59PM +0800, J Michael Gilks wrote:
>> unfortunately had an error on line 10,557,152.
>> The total file was 4.3GB on a remote NFS partition and contained
66,709,648

>Someone will now sing praises of VMS or some such.

Nope, VSE/ESA with DITTO. would've finished in about 5 minutes, including
searching for the data, AND making sure it was the right stuff.  ;)

Sorry, you made the opening, I just took it.   :)

RichardM