[plug] mice

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Oct 8 15:00:21 WST 2003

At 08:58 AM 08-10-2003 +0800, you wrote:

8<-------snip------->8

>My question for the list is, what mice do you guys use or recommend that
>are ergonomic enough to reduce the damage I am doing to my hand? I guess
>the ultimate mouse I am looking for would have to also be portable so
>that I can take it with my ibook, but not as important as comfort.

8<-------snip------->8

It may not be just your mouse at fault - have you considered how you sit and
where you sit when using your computer.

Ergonomics is the word that applies here.

How high is the desk top in relation to your seating position ?

Posible solution - adjustable seat height.

Does your mouse arm have adequate support ?

I sit at a custom built work station - it is a corner style unit - my right
arm can lay comfortably on the right wing of the desktop - I use a folded
hand towel where I place my right arm - it improves the circulation to my
forearm by providing some padding against the hard desktop.

Result = no rsi and less problems with arthritis.

Regards Arie Hol