[plug] Last nights First Wednesday Meeting

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Thu Oct 9 10:09:52 WST 2003

Hello all,

Just a brief heads up for all of you who didn't attend last night..

The presentation by the AusCert guys was great..
albeit my 14yr old squirmed a bit in his seat towards the end..

Good discussion and questions, before, during and after :)

Sandwiches where up to their usual great standard,
and a few new faces where seen..

I was pretty disappointed with the showing by SLPWA & PLUG
(Thankyou Bill K and Clare J for waving the colours)
If I have missed some one else who came representing either
of those groups my apologies..

I understand it is school holidays and the work situation
on this side of the country may have kept some folk at home
given we keep hearing from various members of various "WA"
communities about how we in WA get left out of speakers routes
etc.. the lack of attendance numbers might well be impacting
on organisations forking out $'s to get people over our way
to give us such presentations.

If we as a group can't be "bothered" to turn up, then why
should organisations such as SAGE or AUUG "bother" to send
folks over here ?

You only get what you put in..

Thanks First_Wednesday for the effort..
and to the regular crowd who where in attendance again. :)

Kimberly Shelt
--
http://www.linmagau.org