[plug] Linux and voip

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Oct 9 13:10:59 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 10:58, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:43:00 +0000, Chris Caston wrote:
>
> > For the time being I'd like to setup some kinda Linux based IP phone
> > here so what is the best option?
> >
> > Perhaps one day I can get the IP tied to a public switched number as
> > well but until then..
>
> To be honest you're better off going with a hardware solution IMHO.
> Cisco have some good IP phones.  If you really want to go the Linux
> route, look at AsteriskPBX http://www.asteriskpbx.com.

Thanks,

I should have mentioned I'm looking at doing this on a shoestring
budget.

I have a PII sitting next to me that I may try installing Asterisk on.

regards,

--
Chris Caston

Manager and Technician

Aptitude Technology
ABN: 51614966828

ph: 9478 1530
mobile: 0422978315
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au

-Start a new business, change your life. Start an Open Source business,
change your world.