[plug] Last nights First Wednesday Meeting

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Fri Oct 10 10:38:57 WST 2003

>So, when was the first item posted on the PLUG list, with a meaningful
>and relevant subject, such as "Next First Wednesday Group meeting?"

>Your response above is reminiscent of the response from the Vogon
>Destructor Ship Captain, to the person complaining that people did not
>know that the Earth was about to be demolished to make way for the
>Intergalactic Highway Extension.

Actually, Bret, Patrick Tehvand posted (amongst other relevant posts)

                             Date:
>Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:51:50 +0800

>The usual meeting at the Moon and 6d has been postponed until next
>Wednesday, 8th. More details will be posted later.

>Mark Baker

Which shows that there was a post to the PLUG list was on the 1st of
October from Mark Baker (whether it was the first or not, I don't know).
Heading is pretty meaningful to me as well. Admittedly not nine days, but
certainly eight, if you wish to be pedantic and count from 1 to 8 including
the first day because it was posted before 8:00 am. ;)

C'mon admit you forgot until the last reminder. I only kicked into action
the day before, when Kim spammed us (in the nicest way of course).

RichardM