[plug] CPU temps [OT]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 10 14:15:03 WST 2003

In message <09f701c38ef5$2d712f70$0301050a at xp2100>
on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:10:12PM +0800, Paul Arch wrote:
> I have wondered also - I got a Athalon XP2100, its sitting here doing
> nothing and the temperature is 53deg C, and I am in an airconditioned
> office.

If you have hardware that supports such measurements, how would find out
that info under Linux? I just had a phenomenally cursory attempt at
using lm-sensors but it looks like I need kernel module support of some
sort (assuming the hardware supports it). Do most people need read
through the lm-sensors (or orther) FAQ to get the information?