[plug] Socket A cooling recommendations

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Fri Oct 10 15:32:06 WST 2003

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Definitely. 60 is OK, but I'd be reluctant to operate a machine with a
> CPU temperature too much above that.

My computer used to get unstable and/or crash if it got over 60
degrees.  I heard of other people running their Athlons at 65 idle!!

> My real concern would be for the PEOPLE forced to work in environments
> hot enough to cause failures of PCs. Uggh.

Part of the problem is not so much people being forced to work in hot
environments, its people leaving computers on overnight/over weekends
when the air con gets turned off. :o/

/ Ben