[plug] ATO ECI - Apple MRJ version

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sat Oct 11 07:56:06 WST 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 05:14, Onno Benschop wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 23:29, Chris Caston wrote:
> > I've requested several times the release of a version that works with
> > the SUN JVM but they ignore my requests.
> >
> > I should perhaps call up sometime.
> >
> > Perhaps we could all do it one week.
>
> I'm going to be off-line for a week in about 30 seconds, I'm all for the
> idea.

You'll be back (:
> Wanna start organising it with Kimberley and linmagau, say for the
> second week of November?

We should get as many people as possible to make a request, yet I wonder
if this will make any difference. There was some huge campaign to get
them to embrace a completely open XML based system that anyone could
write a client for.

http://www.muli.com.au/ato/atoindex.html

I think we need people all over Australia to call up so a article in
Linmag about it should be a given as well as a post to all the major LUG
lists.

The other thing is that perhaps we should attack this from the side of
just getting it to run in the SUN JVM. Microsoft aren't legally allowed
to ship the MS JVM anymore and it doesn't exist in XP SP1a.

Is there any possibility we can get Sun involved in this? After all how
is their Mad Hatter desktop going to success if their customers can't
send PAYG/BAS details online?

--
Chris Caston

Manager and Technician

Aptitude Technology
ABN: 51614966828

ph: 9478 1530
mobile: 0422978315
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au

-Start a new business, change your life. Start an Open Source business,
change your world.