[plug] A new modem needed?

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 11 15:36:33 WST 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:21, Ben New wrote:

> Instead of saying "we don't support Linux" with a big fullstop, a better
> way of putting it would have been something like, "while we don't offer
> explicit support for that configuration, we can try to answer your
> questions as best we can.  With the help of your hardware manufacturer
> and online Linux support, hopefully we can come up with a solution for
> you."

Its what I call the '21st century disease'. It seems almost everyone has lost
the ability to say 'I dont know, but lets find out'. I have been fed all
sorts of BS, from salesmen in particular, simply because they are not willing
to admit that they dont know. People have to realise that its OK not to know,
noone can know everything, and the ability to effectively research and
resolve a problem is much more useful than the ability to ramble incoherently
about topics you know nothing about.