[plug] SCO licences

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Mon Oct 13 13:11:39 WST 2003

Note from someone who *tried* (academically, anyway) to buy a "Linux
Licence" from SCO

RichardM

 SCO announced that the license was $700 if you bought right away, and
 $1400 after that. As far as he could tell, it was not possible to buy one
 before the price went up, as they told him "that there wasn't a product
 manager for Linux licenses, and that there wasn't currently a way for
 salespeople to sell these licenses."

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-users@linux-sxs.org/msg17570.html

Sales reps are currently authorized to take your credit card information
and sell you a 'license' over the phone, but are apparently unable to
actually send you a copy of said license.

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-users@linux-sxs.org/msg18018.html

It has been six weeks since my initial contact with SCO regarding getting
a license for my Linux appliance server business, and SCO's apathy towards
the sale is as great as it ever was. If I didn't know any better, I'd say
their sales department now has a well orchestrated circle of runarounds
to keep you from actually pinning anybody down.

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-users@linux-sxs.org/msg18550.html