[plug] PDF in Linux

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 14 11:41:10 WST 2003

In message <3F8B6F43.7040001 at leftclick.com.au>
on Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:36:35AM +0800, Ben New wrote:
> Can anyone tell me a decent PDF viewer for Linux, one which supports
> copy and paste out of the PDF, like the Adobe viewer for win32?
[...]
> What does everyone else use for PDF viewing?

acroread. Can be downloaded from Adobe website. With Linux, it is
available for 32-bit Intel platforms, at least. Your OS might offer
an installation package, too.

BTW there are some pdf-to-text tools (I think xpdf comes with pdftotext
as a standard command-line utility). Obviously will have mixed success
depending on page structure, but can be useful for indexing and
searching your PDF files with grep (for instance).