[plug] PDF in Linux

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 14 11:58:44 WST 2003

In message <3F8B7241.1040800 at postnewspapers.com.au>
on Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:49:21AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> When it comes to copy and paste, you /should/ be able to use xpdf for
> it, assuming you're copying and pasting text. I prefer the way it
> handles it to the way acrobat reader does, often - I can grab a number
> of columns as-is with xpdf.

In what way do you mean? E.g. if I have text in columns like this:

    11111 44444
    22222 55555
    33333 66666

then Acrobat Reader gives me "11111 22222 33333 44444 55555 66666"
(which is what I want, because the sentences have stayed together).
You mean you prefer xpdf in this case because acroread lacks an
option to preserve the side-by-side formatting?