[plug] PDF in Linux

Ben New benplug at leftclick.com.au
Tue Oct 14 12:12:04 WST 2003

Sacha Schlegel wrote:
> :) You dont need the buttons.
>
> Just highlight whatever you want to copy with your mouse (you will get a
> dark area over your selection area) and then go into some editor and
> paste it there (middle mouse button works for me).

Thanks Sacha,

OK I discovered the problem.

As I said I had tried the middle mouse button thing, but I had tried to
paste into 2 different text editors, KEdit and JEdit, and it appears
neither of them supports the system clipboard.  I'm not surprised at
JEdit, being Java, but KEdit, running on KDE, shouldn't that be able to
pick it up?

Anyway if I use the select-then-middle-mouse thing with Emacs it works.
  Too bad I don't use or even like Emacs.

Personally I don't think this method of copying and pasting makes much
sense but there ya go, maybe that's just me?

--
Ben @ Leftclick
http://www.leftclick.com.au/