[plug] digital TV

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Oct 14 22:54:43 WST 2003

>>Anyone looking into tv gear under Linux would currently do well with a
>>saa7134 card like the $100 FlyVideo 3000, running with TvTime and
>>mplayer/mencoder. xawtv's radio app does the trick for radio input, too
>>- good quality stereo.
>
> Would you mind saying which kernel version TvTime is running on for you.

I'm running kernel 2.4.21 with saa7134 version 0.2.8 for my tvio card,
using tvtime 0.9.10 .

Other tv and misc "multimedia" related versions:

alevt-1.6.0
gxine-0.3.3
libdvdnav-0.1.9
rivatv-0.8.3
xine-lib-1-rc1
lame-3.93.1
libdvdread-0.9.4
saa7134-0.2.8
xine-ui-0.9.22
ffmpeg-0.4.8
libdvdcss-1.2.8
nxtvepg-2.6.0
xawtv-3.88
alsa-driver-0.9.7b
alsa-oss-0.9.6
alsa-utils-0.9.7
alsa-lib-0.9.7
alsa-tools-0.9.7

I just did a big run of building apps to get what I wanted going, so
I've got a build/tvio directory with everything in it - that's just `ls`
output.

The TV card I'm using is a FlyVideo 3000:

00:08.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7134 (rev 01)
00:08.0 Class 0480: 1131:7134 (rev 01)

Hope that's useful.

Craig Ringer