[plug] Partimage boot disk or cd

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 15 17:59:37 WST 2003

Hi,

In message <1066211611.563.18.camel at syngery>
on Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 05:53:32PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
> I'm not sure that this one uses autoconf.

You are right that you won't have to run autoconf yourself. However,
the ./configure file was itself generated by autoconf.

> I've been madly installing everything related to QT and dev and libs etc
> but without any joy. I have a feeling that what is needed doesn't exist
> in unstable because QT1.3 is too old.

Does it make any difference that there is a KDE1/Qt1 version of KisoCD
and a KDE2/Qt2 version of KisoCD?

> Perhaps I really should bite the bullet and just use isobuster on my
> dad's W2k laptop then come back and learn how to make the an bootable
> iso with mkisofs when my Linux skills a more mature.

Building can be difficult and it's not always your/our fault.
Is the Wine idea of any use?