[plug] Sl;ashdot non-troubles

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Thu Oct 16 13:27:31 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 13:02, Rennie wrote:

> Disregard, it now works.
>
> On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 12:56, Rennie wrote:
>
> > Yep. It's broken (404) from here (DSL on westnet) as well. Tested on IE
> > on win and Mozilla on Linux.
> >
> > Rennie
> >
> > On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 10:41, Michael Hunt wrote:
> >
> > > Is any one having problems hitting /. at the moment ??? Mozilla climbs
> > > to 100% CPU and my pointer flashes as if the page is constantly trying
> > > to refresh itself. Can't do anything until I close that tab and then the
> > > problem goes away.
> > >
> > > Very strange indeed. Anyone else having probs ???
> > >
> > > Michael Hunt

Very strange. Must have been something wrong with their DNS entry or
something because I was getting couldn't resolve slashdot.org message in
mozilla after I restarted it and on my wife's windows machine it was
putting a http:///%20slashdot.org/ in the address bar under IE. A
restart of bind9 on my server box fixed the whole thing.

Michael Hunt