[plug] Free WAIX traffic for WA Swiftel users

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Oct 17 09:34:40 WST 2003

> BrightOnline, weirdly, uses PPPoE over Fibre for it's connection.
> What is nice is having (AFAICR) one physical line split by "the box" into
> (max) four separate channels, each given different bandwidth and IP
> addresses.

Alas, they're currently only available in a small area, and last time I
looked they had prices that make Telstra's look good. I hear that's to
change when they roll out service to the rest of the city, though. They
can potentially make more money at a lower charge because they won't
have to pay "telstra tax" except for peering. Even that might be made to
go away if UtiliTel puts in inter-state links.

Craig Ringer