[plug] Gnome 1.4 @ mozilla 1.0

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Sat Oct 18 10:05:59 WST 2003

laurie anderson wrote:

>  Howdy All,
>
>  I am running Debian Woody on an ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard.
>  I am considering upgrading Gnome 1.4 to Gnome 2.2 or may be 2.4 & Mozilla 1.0
>  to 1.5 are these upgrades compatible with Woody.
>  If ok to do so which would be the best site do download from
>  Is there anything in particular to watch out for.
>
>  Just a though.
>  Maybe we should upgrade to Debian Sarge, haven't done an upgrade of this type before
>  How is this done
>
>  Thanks
>
>  Laurie
Just edit your /etc/apt/sources/list to read sarge instead of woody/stable
then 'apt-get update' followed by 'apt-get -s upgrade' to see what will
happen without burning any bridges. Remove the '-s' to commit yourself.

You can also use the same technique to look at a 'dist-upgrade' which is
often recommended over the simple upgrade because it will usually pull in
extra dependencies.

The Apt Howto should be required reading at this stage :-)

--
Cheers
Russ.