[plug] Evolution summary issues

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Sat Oct 18 17:09:09 WST 2003

Hello,

Evolution is playing silly buggers atm:

Every time I try running it it shows a application launcher (evolution icon near
cursor with with spinning hour glass in taskbar) for a few minutes then drops out.

I can launch it fine as other users while makes me think it's something do with
my profile. I've had this profile for about 3 years and was originally an MS
Outlook  profile migrated using Outport.

If I log in as another using then log back into my account I can launch it.
This works for about 4-5 minutes then it freezes solid.

I've tried expunging all the deleted items and emptying the trash but I'm
thinking it's  not the number of e-mail that is the problem according to this:

 evolution-shell-WARNING **: COBRA exception
IDL:GNOME/Evolution/Shell/Notready:1.0 when reqeusting URI -- evolution:/summary

I'm using Debian unstable and i've also tried removing evolution and
reinstalling usingnewly downloaded debts.

Anyone know a possible fix?

regards,

Chris Caston

Aptitude Technology