[plug] Gnome 1.4 @ mozilla 1.0

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Oct 18 17:16:35 WST 2003

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 10:05:59AM +0800, Russ Pitman wrote:

| Just edit your /etc/apt/sources/list to read sarge instead of woody/stable
| then 'apt-get update' followed by 'apt-get -s upgrade' to see what will
| happen without burning any bridges. Remove the '-s' to commit yourself.

And also note that the version of KDE in sarge is the same as the
version in stable at the moment, due to horribly interrelated
dependencies holding things back.  Don't know if Gnome is faring any
better.  I believe that Chris Caston mentioned a while ago that
Evolution is also uninstallable in sarge ATM.  You may want to try sid,
which will give you the latest versions of stuff, but you'll bump into
even more packages which are not /quite/ installable without installing
some packages manually.

If you want to for the /really/ bleeding edge stuff there's XFree 4.3 in
experimental - although posts on the debian-kde mailling list suggest
that xfree86-4.3.0pre1v3 is a bit broken.

Cameron.