[plug] Gnome 1.4 @ mozilla 1.0

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 20 15:58:15 WST 2003

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 10:41:55PM +0800, laurie anderson wrote:
>  I am considering upgrading Gnome 1.4 to Gnome 2.2 or may be 2.4 & Mozilla 1.0
>  to 1.5 are these upgrades compatible with Woody.
[...]

In short, no. Debian 3.0 "Woody" contains GNOME 1.4 and Mozilla 1.0.

Debian "Sarge" will contain GNOME 2.2 (in now) or 2.4 (in progress) -
if you dist-upgraded to the testing distribution you'd get this far.

(KDE 3.1.4 should have been in by now but it still needs some "minor
things" fixed, and to make it through a few days without critical bugs
appearing)

A newer Mozilla (still!) isn't in testing, but compared to GNOME it's a
nice self-contained program that makes it straightforward enough to (a)
compile yourself, (b) use other people's backported packages, (c)
manually install other people's binaries, or (d) install what you need
from unstable.

You can currently install mozilla-firebird 0.6 in testing, though - try
that.

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal