[plug] IE Download

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Oct 21 17:14:17 WST 2003

G'day all,
I'm trying to get voloview running under wine and it complains it needs
IE 5.01 or newer installed.
I have found a setup stub for ie that is supposed to be able to install
it over the net, but I can't get it to work under wine.

Can someone point me in the direction of a link to download a big .exe
of ie > 5.01 ?

I don't want to use anything much later as 6.x requires win98 or later
and I'd like to keep things as minimal as possible.

On another wine related note, I have been using Word97 under wine for a
while, but always had a problem with the print/font dialogs crashing.
Just for a lark I installed a trial version of crossover-offce.
It works quite well. Well enough that at the end of the trial period I'm
going to fork over the dosh for it anyway..

Brad