[plug] using CUPS & netatalk to do mac printer spooling

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Oct 22 14:26:38 WST 2003

In message <3F962142.2010205 at postnewspapers.com.au>
on Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:18:42PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> So... I have two printers that spew gibberish when sent these files,

I don't recall any problems printing from Mac OS 9 through CUPS on
Solaris, but that setup doesn't exist any more. I was going to try
something on Linux yesterday, but running CUPS on the test machine
caused the whole computer to freeze hard -- will have to learn how
to use a Linux kernel debugger some day.

> both Acrobat Distiller and GhostScript think the files are fine.

Can you just put one of these files (minus copyrighted material)
somewhere where we can actually look at it?