[OT] IDE, SCSI [was: Re: [plug] dd speed estimates and /dev/hdx grepping]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Oct 23 09:41:59 WST 2003

In message <20031022230154.21d39c37.harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au>
on Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:01:54PM +0800, Harry McNally wrote:
> SCSI also adds DISCONNECT and RECONNECT commands which even out-funks
> Mr Brown

Because I should occasionally post some positive-sounding comments to
the list, I would just like to declare that I love love love love love
SCSI. I realised this while learning to deal with IDE. Also, if anyone
knows people who were involved in the historical origins of IDE, I would
like to declare that although I must assume they are honest family folk,
I despise them for their roles in the insidious destruction of human
dignity and downfall of civil decency via the use of economical (yet
abominable) bus design. Master strategists, I am sure, though I sorely
wish they had used their powers for good and not evil.