[plug] GIMP and new users

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Oct 23 16:59:13 WST 2003

Interestingly, one of the sales staff here just discovered the GIMP on
their terminal. It's been in the menu the entire time and is used for
displaying images, but they have (understandably) not been using it
other than that.

One of the staff just dropped in and asked me what exactly it was. When
told it was an image editing program, they were off. Currently the
entire sales staff is sitting around mangling images from our photo
archive *lol*. It's the first app that's really got these folks
interested - very cool.

I guess the GIMP be hard to get the hang of, but it's clearly not an
impossible barrier for even very inexperienced users.

Now, if only I could figure out how to get the path tool to actually
behave...

Craig Ringer