[plug] [OT] Security problems with NTFS

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Oct 23 19:43:14 WST 2003

I saw a mate of mine playing around with this "feature" several months
ago. It's interesting but I couldn't for the life of me think of a
practical application. Perhaps it could use it to hide executable code
on a compromised system but you would still need some level of access to
execute it again.

Or possibly someone could write a virus that hide most of itself in an
alternative data stream. That one is probably more likely.

regards,

Chris Caston