[plug] Cannot read dvdr properly

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 24 09:42:27 WST 2003

Hi,
I have a backup of some data files burnt to DVDr on a mac, with joliet
and hfs+ options.  It opens fine on windoze and mac with no problems, or
any options needing to be set.

However, I cant open this properly under linux.  There is a 4.7Gbyte
tar.gz file on the DVD, shows correctly on windoze and mac, but only as
16Mbyte under Linux, and of course it errors off when trying to extract.

Joliet is compiled in, and hfsplus is loaded as a module. Tried a
cdrom/dvd and a cdrom/cdrw/dvd in the same machine (dell laptop), and
another cd/cdrw/dvd in a compaq machine.

Anyone have any clues what I am missing?

BillK