[plug] GIMP and new users

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Oct 24 14:46:48 WST 2003

> GIMP 1.3? It's noticeably different and does more stuff.

1.2 currently.

As the host OS is RH8, I'll have to build new versions of fontconfig,
atk, pango, and gtk2 before I can get the latest GIMP going. Not too
much fuss, but I'll have to set aside a little time to do it. It's not a
priority since the app is a beta anyway, and not really important for
what they're doing.

There appears to be quite a bit of interest now in a few apps, including
OO.o draw, dia (!!) and GIMP. I'm wondering if it's worth dropping
Scribus on there now, just to see if the advertising folks have any use
for it - one never does know. I'd have to build a vanilla copy of the
latest qt, though, so again it's non-trivial.

Craig Ringer