[plug] [johncoom at onaustralia.com.au: Mandrake 9.2 Fries LG CDROM Drives]

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sat Oct 25 17:22:16 WST 2003

As requested..
Kim

----- Forwarded message from John Coombes <johncoom at onaustralia.com.au> -----

Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:35:58 +1000
From: John Coombes <johncoom at onaustralia.com.au>
Subject: Mandrake 9.2 Fries LG CDROM Drives
To: Kimberly Shelt <kim at linmagau.org>

Dear Kim,

I know you do not use Mandrake yourself - but you may want to
post the following to any WA usergroups mailing lists that you
subscribe to ? - it is mainly just to be a waring for those who have
a Dell Laptop or a LG CDROM drive (some IBM's have them)
Lucky for me my Aopen Laptop (generically = Acer) is not affected

This was just brought to my attention by a person in the USA
so I thought that I had better pass on the info to others !!
If you are subscribed to other mailing lists - pass it on.

This seems to be a problem for those with DELL Laptops and
any others that have LG CDROM's - so please be aware of this

It maybe documented eiles where I don't know ? But in the first
instance Please check out the information in this Thread :-

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7918&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0%22%3Ehttp://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7918&mode=nested&order=0&thold=0%3C/A

if that gets wrapped - sorry folks - at least you can find it

I will also put the url links from the above Thread next

Mandrake has posted some info about it here
 http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/errata.php3

Some more info can be found here
 http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php?t=8886

DELL laptop users - or anyone with a LC CDROM - be aware

--
John Coombes - Melbourne, Australia
Using Linux-Mandrake 9.1 and Kmail 1.5

----- End forwarded message -----