[plug] mice

bob bob at fots.org.au
Mon Oct 27 12:47:10 WST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:06 pm, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <200310271153.07993.bob at fots.org.au>
>
> on Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:53:07AM +0800, bob wrote:
> > Being left handed myself I can say that it is much easier to keep the
> > right handed layout than to swap. I can go to any computer and use the
> > mouse (with my left hand) and not have to think about button
> > configuration.
>
> Interesting, thanks for pointing it out. I've not tried using a "right"
> mouse in my left hand or a "left" mouse it my right hand -- my "muscle
> memory" forces me to accept "index finger is button ONE".

I think (well I think I think :) left button, right... at an unconscious
level so I'm not really aware of the change of hands other than feeling the
"block of soap" (tm) and routing the trigger to click down the appropriate
arm. Until recently I have never really had to think much at all about
using mice but having changed to a wheel mouse for my own use has caused
some difficulties when I find myself faced with a non wheel... "Why doesn't
the window scroll? I'm sliding my finger back an forth on the top of the...
doh!"

--
"Maybe we can get together and show off to each other sometimes."