[plug] [OT?] Laptop batteries

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Oct 27 13:30:14 WST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:36:40 +0800 bob <bob at fots.org.au> wrote:

> I have picked up a 2nd hand thinkpad 380z and of course the battery is
> cactus. Can anybody recommend a cheap supplier of replacements? Its a
> Lithium-ion if that matters (Best I can find online is $240 which is >50%
> of the purchase price so I'm disinclined to buy at that price :)

Hi Bob

Siomar Battery Industries in Balcatta will rebuild packs and they have LiIon
cells. Not sure how they would compare on price but if it is only three or
four cells I'm sure it will be cheaper. I'd be giving them a try.

All the best
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/