[plug] Controversial comparison of distros?

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 27 14:33:04 WST 2003

Derek Fountain wrote:
>><FlameBait>
>>
>>Yeah but come on, you have to agree that Debian is the best Linux Distro
>>and that apt-get is clearly the easiest and best choice for any package
>>management requirements!!
>>
>>Geez I can't believe that you are actually *expecting* objectiveness, in
>>todays day and age. Don¹t think that lack of fact means that something
>>isn't true ok?
>>
>></FlameBait>
>

> You call that flamebait? I'll show you flamebait...
>
> <flamebait>
>
> I can honestly say that, apart from booting up Knoppix once or twice, I've
> never used debian. I just don't have the required level of self satisfied
> smugness.
>
> </flamebait>

Given that this thread is heading down hill real fast, I think I should
make an interjection here- If debian is good enough for use by pre-teen
girls, then surely it doesn't take much smugness to use it[1].  See
http://qrxx.4t.com/barbieOS.htm  If you can't use debian, you are way,
way behind.  Get with it.

Tim Bowden

[1] For the humour impaired: The accuracy of this article is in line
with this thread.