[plug] Mandrake Bug announce warning rant ahead

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Tue Oct 28 11:14:41 WST 2003

> I'm not a Mandrake user, but I thought I'd check; the Mandrake webpage
> currently has a warning about this on the front page dated October 24th:
>
> http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/

Thanks for checking and posting the results to PLUG instead of giving me
a chance to update my rant. Kudos to you!!

I checked www.mandrakeclub.com. I honestly thought that would be the
best place considering i have to log on to that to even download
Mandrake 9.2. I also checked www.mandrakesoft.com because that is where
I get redirected when i type www.mandrake.com. Then i checked
www.mandrakesecure.net/en/  After a while i found a link to the errata
page. After doing all that i never thought to look at
www.mandrakelinux.com/en even though i link to that from my shop
website. Pretty stupid of me really.

So the moral is "Check the errata page on anything before you install it
because it destroy your hardware". and "Check *all* your facts before
posting to PLUG."

Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at linuxit.com.au>