[plug] [OT] Call me crazy...part 2

Willhart - Lawrie Abbott labbott at bytepowergroup.com
Wed Oct 29 15:59:47 WST 2003

Alex Polglaze wrote:

> In a similar sort of vein.
>
> I want to set up a "device" that modulates the output of my stereo
> into a light show. Sort of like a disco machine.

I'm guessing what you really mean is... use the output of your stereo to
modulate  the power feeding some sort of lamp. ie vary its  brightness
.  There was a kit called musicolor I remember  from way back that did
just this ..., and also changed the drive to different color lamps
according to the frequency. no doubt there is something
equivalent/better around still.  If you really wanted to get a PC
invoved then you could hack one of these (or similar ) units to do what
you wanted.(Beware 240V) Alternatively, you could also generate/mix your
own 'custom effects'  from your soundcard ( mind you, a strobe effect
for eg might not be that good to listen to).

Cheers
Lawrie Abbott