[plug] Scrollback in screen(1) ?

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Sep 2 10:57:41 WST 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, quoth Andrew Furey:

> It seems to have a "scroll buffer" which by default is
> 1000 (lines?), but I'm not sure if that's what I'm
> looking for, and if so, how to enable it.

yes, the scroll buffer is what you want.  It's main purpose is for copying
and pasting text (which is VERY handy if you're on a console with no gpm)

hit this key combination: control-A [

and you'll be in the scroll buffer, and you can use standard vi keys or
arrow keys to scroll up and down or search for text.  Hit the sapcebar
to select a region of text or Escape to cancel.  Control-A ] pastes the
current selection.

Of course if you have screen's command key set to anything other than ^A
you'll have to hit that button instaed...

 - Matt