[plug] AUUG community awards

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Tue Sep 2 18:41:45 WST 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 06:28:06PM +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> Kudos to 'Miss Kim' and Leon- Both got nominated for the AUUG community
> award.  Well done.  The Age has done a writeup here-
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/08/29/1062050647005.html

Hey thanks Tim..

Indeed.. Kudos to Leon.. all that spamming is paying off :)
/me ducks :)

Actually one of the other nominees.. Dr Horst Herb.. should probably win..
He is a very cool dude..

When I saw his name on the nominees list.. I contacted him and he did a
great interview with me, on the fly .. in a few days..in time for the current edition..

He and his team are doing great work in the Medical field :)

Full story...
http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=330&page=1

Horst speaks pretty bluntly about OSS and being part of the movement rather than just an
onlooker.. He is a full time Doctor and still finds time to do the OSS projects (3 of them)
AND.. finds time to chat with some random "media type" :)

You gotta be happy with that :)

Kim
--
http://www.linmagau.org