[plug] Network filesystem recommendations?

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Sep 2 18:49:42 WST 2003

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 05:43:03PM +0800, Ben New wrote:
> Since I implemented exactly what you're talking about with NFS, I've had
> zero problems.  Just add an entry in /etc/exports for each person's home
> path and keep the passwords in synch on all the boxes (unless you use a
> remote login as well of course).

And that's why you set up NIS too :) Also very easy, by the HOWTO.

WRT NFS, you've got a choice between hard and soft mounts. man 5 nfs
for details. "hard,intr" is the generally recommended option, though
can cause headaches on laptops and on more volatile networks.

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham