[plug] CUE/BIN vs ISO

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Sep 3 16:52:13 WST 2003

> Why are some CD images distributed as CUE/BIN pairs, and others ISO? What does
> one format give that the other does not?

An ISO is just the filesystem image, where a cue/bin is an image of an
entire CD. In reality, it doesn't usually matter unless you're dealing
with applications that have very strict requirements about how the CD
looks. You can write cue/bin files under Linux  - either with some kind
of converter tool, or maybe one of the cd writing apps (cdrecord,
readcd, cdrdao, etc) supports it. I can't remember now.

Craig Ringer