[plug] Spam was PLUG list -> RSS feed

Milan Pospisil Milan.Pospisil at swantafe.wa.edu.au
Wed Sep 3 21:15:05 WST 2003

Hi Scott,
                I don't have an answer when it comes to fax spam or telephone spam, but someone obviously developed a strategy how to deal with the snail-mail spam. Here it is lock, stock and barrell, just the way I received it some time ago:

"When you get those pre-approved letters in the mail for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and junk like that, most of them come with postage paid return envelopes, right? Well, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail and put it in these cool little envelopes!
 Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American Express. Or a pizza coupon to Citibank. If you didn't get anything else that day, then just send them their application back! Just make sure your name isn't on anything you send them! Heck, you can send it back empty if you want to just to keep 'em guessing!
Let's turn this into a chain letter! Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will begin getting all their crap back in the mail. Let's let them know what it's like to get junk mail, and best of all... THEY'RE paying for it! Twice! Let's help keep our postal service busy since they say e-mail is cutting into their business."

 Well, it sounds all right to me, except perhaps when sending a pizza cupon to Citibank (or anyone else for that matter) I believe it would be appropriate to send one which has already expired.
                                                                                                                                                         Regards
                                                                                                                                                                           Milan Pospisil

>>>On 09/03/03 04:33pm scott at LinuxIT.com.au wrote: >>>
  snip
I wish E-mail was the only spam. We get fax spam, phone spam, snail-mail
spam and hawker spam. You can ignore/filter email spam but you have to
be rude to people to get them off the phone or out of your face. I swear
that phone/fax/mail spam is getting as bad as email spam.

Even at home the ratio between actual letters to spam is 1:10.

Oh and spam assassin does rock. Anyone had any problems with some of the
RBLs going offline?

Regards

--
Linux Information Technology