[plug] Religious debate - editor wars

Ben New ben at leftclick.com.au
Thu Sep 4 16:19:22 WST 2003

> I still consider my 486 to be a usefull worthwile piece of equipment.
> It does a great job for mail, firewall, webserver...

Hmmmm... it must be a DX then :-)
I tried running knoppix on a 486/sx33 recently and it wouldn't get to
the prompt.  It got 90% thru the process then just hung.  (booting into
runlevel 3 that is).

> True, that is why I suggested it ;-)  but it is also one of the
> reasons why vim is normally my preference.

Just to clarify that I'm not a total idiot ;-)  ....when i need to edit
a file on my terminal-mode server, I use vim :-)

Ben