[plug] M$ again - Digital rights in Office

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Sep 4 19:34:01 WST 2003

This is very fitting.

I just had a long conversation with my ex about rebuilding her w2k
machine and telling her that I couldn't give her MS Office for obvious
reasons unless she was willing to buy a copy. Apparently she doesn't
want to "learn how to use OO.o" though it's been on her machine
previously for the best part of a year and I've taught her how to use
it.

She's actually from the Maldives and I ended up explaining the whole
free software and third world liberation thing and asked her if she
thought most of the people in her country should fork out for Office or
use Office for "free" now then fork out the dough when DRM comes
through.

Sometimes I get tired of explaining free software to the unwashed.

--
Chris Caston

Director
Aptitude Technology
http://www.aptitudetech.com.au
ABN: 51614966828

ph: (08) 9443 9418
mobile: 0422 978315

chris at debian:~$ host security.microsoft.com
security.microsoft.com does not exist (Authoritative answer)