[plug] ibook keyboard

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Sep 5 10:26:32 WST 2003

> I am sure that you are all sick of hearing about my ibook problems by
> now, but I am almost there I swear...

Suuure...

> Does anyone have some information on how to get the eject, volume, mute,
> brightness buttons working,

If it sends keysyms for those keys (ie they're really part of the
keyboard) you might be able to use 'hotkey' to do it. Try 'showkey' (may
need to be on the console) to see if you get key events from those keys
when pressed.

Hmm....
http://www.google.com/search?q=ibook+hotkey+linux
finds (entry #3)
http://www.dreamind.de/ikeyd.shtml

> and also how you can get crtl+v to paste
> etc. Basically a full keymap would be nice, or some info on setting them
> each up manually??

Different issue. I'd be surprised if an iBook keymap wasn't floating
around - have you tried Google? If nothing else, you can probably get
one out of the Yellow Dog XFree86 packages - I'd be surprised if they
didn't have any.

Craig Ringer