[plug] -- PLUG September Seminar Notice: ebXML

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Sep 7 13:13:57 WST 2003

For those of you that thought they had missed out on Sacha's ebXML
seminar in August, it is on this Tuesday 9 September.

Also, remember you can eat and meet before the PLUG Seminar at The Plaka
Shishkebab Souvlaki (87 James Street, Northbridge 9328 1636) and have
two meals for the price of one on Tuesdays from 6.00pm to 8.30pm.

Some of the regulars meet there around 6.30pm before walking over to the
TAFE CMC Lecture Theatre for 7.30pm.

**PLUG Seminar

Title: ebXML

Presenter: Sacha Schlegel

Abstract: Electronic business and ebXML (electronic business eXtensible
Markup Language) in particular in the Free Software/Open Source world.

Biography: My name is Sacha Schlegel born in 1971 in Switzerland, grown
up in the Principality of Liechtenstein (in the heart of Europe). After
obligatory school I finished a commercial apprenticeship in a Bank in
Liechtenstein. Studied Computer Science (CS) and Business in Switzerland
afterwards. Came to Australia in 2001 for a postgraduate diploma in CS
and a masters by research in CS. My hobbies are Soccer, Windsurfing,
Linux and lately (9 months) my little daughter Tawha.

Venue: Lecture Theatre TAFE CMC - 25 Aberdeen St, Perth. Use the Museum
Street entrance. Turn left from the foyer and then take the furthest
corridor on the left (closest to the Francis Street entrance -
unfortunately closed after 6pm). The Lecture Theatre should be clearly
marked. If you get lost, ask security (in the foyer).

When: 7.30pm Tuesday 9 September 2003

Visitors and friends most welcome.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)