[plug] airsnort

Tsuki-yomi tsuki_yomi at zephilia.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 8 13:21:25 WST 2003

Yup, been there done that on an old Clamshell type iBook.

Generally you will need the orinoco drivers with the channel swapping
patch.

You should find a fair ammount of info here:

http://www.swieskowski.net/code/wifi.php

I did this under Mandrake 9.1 PPC with kernel 2.4.21 and everything
worked well.

Since having gotten my new iBook DualUSB 900Mhz, I haven't bothered with
installing linux on it.  I've managed to get everything I've wanted under
OSX with too much hassle.

Maybe when OSX 10.3 and Mandrake 9.2 PPC comes out I'll repartition...

As for the scanning software, I can highly recommend both Kismet and
Kismac (OSX version of Kismet).  I've tried a number of different apps but
these two do pretty much everything.

--
James Budworth
tsuki_yomi at zephilia.dyndns.org