[plug] Can you recommend a book on learning Linux?

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 8 17:01:54 WST 2003

Leon Brooks wrote:
<snip>
> Generally, expense is not a big problem but a book which is obsolete or
> lacks relevancy (too computer-sciency and light on practical examples,
> or too fluffy and up to the eyeballs in cute icons at the expense of
> real content) is.
>
> What can you recommend?
>
> Cheers; Leon

Nothing by Richard Petersen- He wrote "The Complete Reference Red Hat
Linux" which was focused on rh6.2.  It was soooo ##@# useless I have
looked at it about three times since I got it- and each time it failed
to answer my question, despite being 926 pages full of fluff.

Upset every time I see it,
Tim Bowden