[plug] -- PLUG September Seminar (tonight): ebXML --

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Sep 9 11:22:14 WST 2003

I have just received my glossy brochure for the OASIS Open Standards
(www.open-standards.com) conference, 1-3 Oct in Sydney. Disappointingly,
I read that "...most of the proceedings will be available in MS
PowerPoint or PDF format".

Anyway, ebXML features a lot.

So, come along to Sacha's presentation, even if it's to find out what it
is and what all the fuss is about :)

**PLUG Seminar

Title: ebXML

Presenter: Sacha Schlegel

Abstract: Electronic business and ebXML (electronic business eXtensible
Markup Language) in particular in the Free Software/Open Source world.

Biography: My name is Sacha Schlegel born in 1971 in Switzerland, grown
up in the Principality of Liechtenstein (in the heart of Europe). After
obligatory school I finished a commercial apprenticeship in a Bank in
Liechtenstein. Studied Computer Science (CS) and Business in Switzerland
afterwards. Came to Australia in 2001 for a postgraduate diploma in CS
and a masters by research in CS. My hobbies are Soccer, Windsurfing,
Linux and lately (9 months) my little daughter Tawha.

Venue: Lecture Theatre TAFE CMC - 25 Aberdeen St, Perth. Use the Museum
Street entrance. Turn left from the foyer and then take the furthest
corridor on the left (closest to the Francis Street entrance -
unfortunately closed after 6pm). The Lecture Theatre should be clearly
marked. If you get lost, ask security (in the foyer).

When: 7.30pm Tuesday 9 September 2003

Visitors and friends most welcome.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.computerangels.org.au)